Saturday, December 21, 2013

Uncle Bob

Robert Sterling Settles passed from this life Tuesday, December 17, 2013 in Antlers, Oklahoma at the age of 66. He was born November 26, 1947 to J.B. and Jewel Dean (King) Settles in Big Springs, Texas. Bob was preceded in death by his father J.B. Settles; mother Deana Settles-Meier; son Rafe Sterling Settles; and brother Rowdy Settles. He is survived by wife Elizabeth Settles of the home; daughter Jacy Perkins and husband Dustin of Antlers; daughter Amber Duncan and husband Charlie of Antlers; son Zachary Allen of Antlers; son Zeth Allen of the home; grandchildren: Zoe Green of Antlers, Keller Shockey of Antlers, and Max Duncan of Antlers; step-father Curtis Meier of Paris, Texas; niece Shelby Settles Harper & family of Bethesda, Maryland; nephew Rowdy Settles & family of Olney, Maryland; “cuz” Donnie Meadows of Lake Providence, California as well as numerous other relative and a host of friends. Memorial services will be Saturday, December 21, 2013 at 10:00am at the Antlers Public School Auditorium with Brent Franks officiating.
Bob was so well known in Antlers. An attorney, city judge, was on the school board for years. Most of all he was my uncle. He married my aunt 10 years ago & they loved each other so much. Like most of the people in my small town, I have known him for a long time. If you knew him, you liked him. I will miss his calm presence that he brought, how him & Beau always talked about sports, & his funny personality. He was successful at everything he did. An over-achiever. As much as it breaks my heart that he is gone, I am so much more heartbroken for my aunt, his daughters, & my cousins. It's only been a year and a half since his son who I grew up with passed away. 
Bob had a massive heart attack. This is a man who has ran everyday for years. He was really in great shape. 
Celebrating his life today.
So thankful we knew him!
Miss you so much Bob!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment