Monday, April 9, 2012

Our baby boy!

Baby Ames is a boy!!!!
I am so thankful for connections! We weren't suppose to find out the babies gender until 20-21 weeks. A girl we know that works at the University who teaches nursing asked me if I wanted to come in for an ultrasound... YES!!!!  
She asked me what I wanted or what I thought it was. I said girl. About that time I looked at the screen & she didn't say anything. My mouth dropped &I  knew instantly.  There was no denying! 
IT'S A BOY!!!!!!
We didn't get good pictures of his face because he had his head down & it was toward my spine. His foot was on my bladder. We got to see his hands moving. He is so sweet. His heartbeat was 151.  
His name is:
Paxton Asher Ames
 Just like with Piper we had to go shopping. It was SO strange shopping for a boy.  Before the apt. Piper told me that she thinks God wants us to have a boy. She was dead set on a little girl. She was disappointed at first but is happy now. She lifted up my shirt & said "hi Paxton". So sweet!
Thankful for the sweet boy! It is going to be so different but I know we will love it. As much as Beau loves his little princess I know he will also love playing football & other things with this boy!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Becky! Boys are fun....and the LOVE their mamas. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to get to raise a daughter AND a son! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought at first how different a boy would be but there is such an awesome bond between a momma & son!!! Words can't describe it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you girls! I just really love the connection that Piper & I have. I first thought how in the world can I raise a boy. I think the Lord knows though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! So happy for your family!
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete