Sunday, July 17, 2011

Africa 2011 with OH Day 1 wed July 6th

It was SO hard leaving my family. :(  I thought I would have more time with them but as soon as we walked in & went to security they had to leave. Beau & Piper walked back to say goodbye again. It really was hard!
 Ashley & I had made it to DC. It has been a long time since I had been on a plane & I was nervous. At one point we got scared & Ashley grabbed my hand. lol!
~~~~
We got to Washington about 3:50 & had this "bright" idea to head to DC. We were the first ones from our group there. By the time we checked in at the hotel & went back to the airport to catch the metro it was about 6:15. We didn't have alot of time b/c we didn't want to get back late. We are pretty sure we broke a record for seeing the most in DC in the shortest amount of time. I can't tell you how much we walked & at a very fast pace. We were completley exhausted.
____
Us & the Capitol building.
 Smithsonian

 White House.... We are pretty crazy! We went on the other side & realized this is the back of it. At that point we didn't care. We ran to catch the metro back to the airport. Barely made it.
Glad we got to see some of these but I think we got back & realized how crazy we were. Had our own rooms & I have to say, I slept like a baby.

More to come...............Later. Thanks to all my supporters. You really are amazing!!

2 comments:

  1. I love that yall ran around DC. Those pictures are great. Can't wait to read about the rest of your awesome trip!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so great to meet you! It was such an amazing trip and I feel so blessed to have shared it with everyone on our team.

    I look forward to following your blog. I am sending the blog list out to everyone this afternoon.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete