Saturday, June 4, 2011

For Piper to know.....

I can assure you that there is nothing my daughter could ever do to ever make me disown her.  No matter how old she gets. There may be times that we butt heads or disagree but she is my gift that the Lord gave me & I will always love her uncoditionally. I am so thankful to have a husband who feels the same way. I will never act childish towards her & I will never have a competitive spirit towards her. I pray that Piper does better than me. There is no competition there. Even when she is an adult. If I ever have another child I will never claim one & not the other.  I will not do everything right. I will mess up but I will ALWAYS be here. I hope Piper knows that.........SHE HAS THE LORD! He will never leave you nor forsake you. He is good ALL THE TIME!!! He doesn't make mistakes.
I am not a perfect mom. Not even close. My heart desires to be more like Jesus. I try everyday. I have a relationship with the Lord & I will always serve Him.
If Piper comes to me someday & tells me that the Lord has put it on her heart to go to Africa or another 3rd world country. You can bet I will be praying & I will support her every step of the way. It is a scary thought. My mom even told me that she is scared about me going to Africa but she completley supports me. I hope my daughter has a heart that is better than my old selfish heart. I believe she will!

I am so thankful for the great people in my life. Don't waste your time on the people in your life that don't really care about you or love you. God is good & He can fill those voids. Sometimes he uses those people to bring you closer to Him & for that I am very greatful! Just keep praying for them.

"but you, O man of God, flee these things & pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness." 1Tim. 6:11

2 comments:

  1. You are so sweet Becky! I love your huge heart! Piper and Beau have one awesome girl in their lives! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cora my encourager!!!!! Thank you! You know I feel the same about you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete