Sunday, January 16, 2011

Radical & Africa

Our church is reading "Radical" by David Platt. I could have already finished this book but I am trying to read it slow so I can stay with the class. Here are a few quotes so far from the book.

"God is a loving Father, but he is also a wrathful judge. In His wrath He hates sin."

"We are afraid that if we stop & really look at God in his word, we might discover that He evokes greater awe & demands deeper worship than we are ready to give him." (sad hu?)

"You & I cannot settle for anything less than a God-centered, Christ-exalting, self-denying gospel."

Here are a few verses we went over.

"If anyone comes to Me & does not hate his father & mother, brothers & sisters, yes, & his own life also, he cannot be my disciple." Luke 14:26
-We should love Jesus so much that it looks like we hate our famiy.

"Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate & broad is the way that leads to destruction, & there are many who go in by it. b/c narrow is the gate & difficult is the way which leads to life, & there are few who find it." Matt 7:13-14
-We talked about how many people really think they are on the narrow road but are really on the broad road. I want to know who is willing to do everything they can to be on that narrow road....

We also talked about how God has called each of us to do different things & we shouldn't judge others & question what God is calling them to do.

I can tell you that since God has put it on my heart to go on this mission trip I have had people support me & others not so much. I was prepared for that before I even announed it though.
I am so thankful for those who have been so supportive. I am so excited that God is calling me to do this. I care only to do what God wants me to do. I can see God working through this whole situation & I am amazed at how he has changed my heart in caring for orphans.

"I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18
God wants us to take care of the orphans. I am so thankful for this opportunity.

Your will Lord & not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment