Thursday, January 6, 2011

Mission Trip

I am going to Africa!!!  July 7th-16th. I am going with my friend Ashley. She planted a little seed in my heart & it exploded into something really big. I am super excited! We are going through Visiting Orphans with Ordinary Hero & will be working with Project 61 in the trash dump village of Korah. We will also be visiting different orphanges in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
I can tell you that I haven't ever really had the heart to go on a mission trip. I fully support those who do & thought I would go on one some day but didn't think it was for me yet. God has put this on my heart & I am so excited. I knew He had an amazing plan for me & I can't wait. I absolutley love kids so I think this will be great. I remember being younger & seeing the little Ethiopian children on TV & thinking how sad it was. I never imagined I would be going there to love on them.
~~~~~~~~
Please be in prayer for Ashley & myself as we prepare for this. Pray for a smooth preperation & for the group that is going over there.
"Pure & undefiled religion before God & the Father is this: to visit orphans & widows in their trouble, & to keep oneself unspotted from the world." James 1:27

8 comments:

  1. SO EXCITED!! God is AWESOME and I am just in awe at how He is working in all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited and happy for you girls!! This is going to be a life changing experience. I will be in prayer for this trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's AMAZING! I'm so excited for you!!! I will be praying for you !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks alot Jessica! We need lots of prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's so exciting! We're getting to go w/ a group from our church to sE Asia this summer & we're pretty excited! We'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THank you Rendy! I will be praying for you all as well!

    ReplyDelete