Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I left the 99 to find the 1

"What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, & go after the one which is lost until he finds it?"Luke 15:4

"And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing." Luke 15:5

" I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance." Luke 15:7

~This is how much Jesus loves us....
~He came to die for each individual person...

I have been thinking tonight about how I am not content.
I am blessed in so many ways. Taken care of. Loved.
I want to be content.
That is my prayer....


Also, Beau & I are at our wits end with Piper. She has been completley hard to handle the last 3 days. She complains about everything. We can spank her it does no good. We have to fight her to stay in bed. Today she took a nap but the 2 days before she did not. Right now although we put her in bed at 8 she is screaming in her room. She has gotten up several times. It wears me out. I thought that her attitude was getting better. I am really praying about this b/c I want to handle this the right way. Beau got the belt out tonight & threatened her. He didn't use it but it means alot when Beau is frustrated. I try & think sometimes I know she is just 2 but I won't put up with it forever I just don't know what to do. We ignore her fit throwing the best we can but she screams at us & just hasn't been listening at all. She is a perfectionist & that makes things so hard! She wants certain things done at certain times by certain people. Beau & I read in Parent Life magazine that you have to try & fix the perfectionism while they are young or it can be worse when they are older. They say try not to be hard on them b/c she can get really down. I know how that is b/c I am like that. Right now she is screaming "Whatever!"

3 comments:

  1. We should talk! Seriously! No, I don't have all the answers, but we went through a VERY similar stage with Lindsey. When you describe Piper, it sounds like their personalities are similar too! It is so hard to keep going and going. I'm saying a prayer for ALL of you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sharon! We need it. Beau & I have been praying hard! I can see how God is working through it though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very normal my sweet friend. Not for every child, but for lots. I know I only have two, but one of mine went through that. I have lots of friends, with at least ONE that did act that way. Even the calmest "go with the flow" type personalities do have tough stubborn phases. Don't be discouraged :). Some kids dig thier heels in harder than others, but with consistency, love, and discipline it will EVENTUALLY(<--key word) get easier and easier. I thought my son would never grow out of his "hard" phase. But now he is six and I get compliments all the time at what a well behaved calm boy he is. Boy what they don't know! :)

    ReplyDelete