Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Newlywed game & middle school

Tonight in the middle school Grant spoke on how middle school students shouldn't date. It was a good lesson & most middle school students don't agree. When they get our age I am sure they will. For the game time tonight they had some of us adults come up & play the newlywed game. It was Beau & I, Tim & Dayna Lawerence, Grant & Rachel, & the Tedfords.

Beau & I won!!!

Here were the questions..The guys had to write them down on paper while we were in a different room.

1. Besides Beau who do I think the sexiest man is? Well, duh! Since I watched Dear John I haven't shut up about Channing Tatum. CORRECT!

2. Boxers or briefs? Briefs. CORRECT!

3. What is my dream vacation spot? Hawaii. CORRECT!

4. What is my favorite kind of food? Mexican. CORRECT!

5. When & where was our first date? Sept. 04 Market Place CORRECT!

6. George Clooney or Brad Pitt? I said George Clooney but Beau said Brad Pitt. INCORRECT!
(that was a hard one. I could have went with either one but I was thinking I should have went with Brad Pitt)

Beau did great! Some questions were just too easy! 5 out of 6 is great!

By the way, I don't think it is a good idea for middle schoolers to date. One reason is b/c you date people with the intention of marraige. You don't know who you are going to marry when you are in middle school & I would say at least 95% don't know who they are going to marry when they are in highschool.
Kids don't understand how easy it is to get your heart broken. It happens so much! When you are dating most of your focus goes on that person then you're not putting your focus on the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Amen on the no dating thing!

    I don't think Heath and I would have done very well on the game. I am too indecisive as you know-I'm not sure I could answer those questions about myself! :)

    ReplyDelete