Thursday, November 19, 2009

I am a horrible person

"O wretched man that I am. Who will deliver me from this body of death?" Rom. 7:24

This is the verse Grant discussed lastnight with the Middlesschool. The verses before that also talk about how we desire to do good but we still do wrong. (Rom. 7:14-23)

Have you ever felt that way?? Can you think of something that you keep doing wrong but you try & try to do right??

Grant had us write the sin on a piece of paper (adults included).

The one I thought of stuck out the most. Something I pray & pray about. I have cried numerous times b/c I can't seem to get past it.

Grant had everyone wad the paper up & he burned them.

That was a great demonstration b/c I know that I can just throw it away.

The Lord has helped me so much & I know I can't do anything or get past anything without His help.

One of the 7th grade girls in my small group asked me how we get past it when you keep on & keep on sinning & you feel you can't get past it???
I told her that you have to keep giving it to God. He wants you to take it to Him everytime. He will help you. (I do know this from experience)

"I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord! With my mind I serve the law of God but with my flesh I serve the law of Sin". Rom 7:25
*This verse demonstrates how much we needed Jesus to be our Savior*
free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

No comments:

Post a Comment