Monday, October 26, 2009

H1N1

Me & P are sick! Not a fun day, not a fun night lastnight......
Saturday night as I was putting Piper to bed I noticed she felt really hot. Beau & I just kept an eye on her & he eventually put her in bed with us just in case she was sick. Sunday morning her temp was 101 so we didn't go to church. :( She acted fine throughout the day. She would just periodically run fever. I would give her motrin & it would go down. Well about 2:00 in the night Beau went & got Piper & she was so hot. Temp was 103. We gave her more motrin & was up with her for 2 hours trying to get the fever down. We kept rubbing a cool rag on her head & neck. She would say "mommy I'm not sick''. By this time I was not feeling well. Real achey, coughing, chest & head hurting & a low grade fever. Beau & Piper went to sleep in the other bed so I could rest. He wanted to go to the ER but we decided to wait till morning if we could. Her fever went down a little. We went to see Dr. White first thing this morning. Piper threw up as soon as we got her out of the car. Since Piper's temp was so high he decided to do a flu swab. It did come back positive for type A flu which he said was more that likely the swine flu. He didn't do a flu swab on me b/c my temp hadn't been as high as Piper's. He said that I could in fact have it & gave me a perscription for tamiflu. He wrote one out for Beau also just in case he ended up sick. He put me on antibiotics & deconex for my sinuses. I have been in bed all day. I think Piper is taking it better than me. We got in bed this morning & Piper threw up 4 times when we got home. Beau is doing a great job taking care of us & Monica brought us some potatoe soup. We are so thankful for all the prayers & comments we got.

I remember being scared about a month ago when so many kids were getting the H1N1 flu & wondering if I should get Piper her flu shot since we never get ours. At her 2 year appointment we did the seasonal flu mist & now she still ends up with the H1N1 flu. :(
free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

No comments:

Post a Comment