Sunday, September 30, 2007

My Labor & Delivery with Piper

On wed Sept. 26 I was at work & feeling SO uncomfortable. I felt like I could hardly walk. The inside of my upper legs were hurting so bad. I had a normal day at work, been training Paula to do my job since I had planned on quitting after Piper was born. We got off work at 3 that day. I came home & took a nap. I got up to get ready for church & I was leaking alot. Not all at once but it just kept happening. Beau got home & we headed to church. I decided I couldn't go b/c I had been leaking so much. My mom kept telling me to call the dr. & make sure everything was okay. Beau went in the church to tell Grant that we wouldn't be there tonight since we help him with middle school. We left there & went to sonic to get a bite to eat. Then we went home to watch t.v. as you can tell we weren't worried too much about what was going on. I looked through my book, "what to expect when you are expecting" to see what was going on. It said that my contractions could start within the next 24 hours. WOW! So I finally called the hospital. Dr. Muylart was on call. He called me back within a minute & told me to come in & get checked. We got to the hospital about 9:30 sure enough my water had broke. We wouldn't be leaving the hospital without our baby girl! I had only dialated to a one, still & was 75-80% thinned. Not much change since 2 days ago at my dr. apt. The nurse tole me to try & get some sleep that they would probably have to enduce me in the morning. I tried & of course couldn't go to sleep. My contractions started at midnight. They were real light at first. I thought it was going to be a while so the nurse game me some medicine to help me sleep. Yeah, that didn't work.. My mom & aunt Liz got there at midnight & Jacob was already there. Mom & aunt Liz went outside to see if they could get some crackers or something to eat. They ended up falling asleep in the waiting room for 2 hours! Beau & Jacob fell asleep on the couch in my room. My contractions were getting a little stronger. I finally got Beau up. I kept calling my mom & aunt Liz to tell them to get up there & I couldn't get a hold of them. I was so upset. They finally showed up & they felt so bad! They thought they would get a little sleep b/c they thought I was going to sleep. Well, my contractions got harder & my mom was right there holding my hand everytime one would come & Beau was rubbing my back so hard I thought his fingers were going to fall off (he probably did too) I had really bad back labor. I thought I had to go to the bathroom then I realized my body was starting to push. It was time! Aunt Liz & Jacob waited in the waiting room. Dr. Muylart got there real fast! My nurses & the dr. were so encouraging. They kept telling me how good I was doing & so was Beau & Mom. I had my first push & I thought, oh I can't do this. They said they could see her hair & it was dark! Wow! I thought Beau was going to pass out & I was ready to go then. I pushed again & out came the head. After that it was a breeze. I had to push slow the rest of the time. That was it. She was here! I had an episiotomy & I still ripped! Ouch! couldn't tell you when that happened though. If I had to guess I would say when the head came out. We were so excited! Me, Beau, & mom were all crying! Beau got to cut the cord & they immediatley put her on my belly. She was flopping around like a little fish. I thought she was going to fall off me. She was so pretty! I couldn't believe that was my baby! They wrapped her up & we got to hold her for a little bit. I had about a 5 hour labor & the pushing only lasted about 10 minutes (that's the sewing & everything). I had it so good! I am truely blessed! We are so thankful Piper is a gift from GOD!
She was born at 4:54 a.m. on thurs. sept. 27th. She was 6lbs2oz & 19 1/4in. Her head was 13 1/2 & her chest was 13 1/4.

No comments:

Post a Comment